Today, I want to give a quick 5 reasons why my brothers and sisters at The Citadel should study abroad before they graduate from the best military college in the world.
1. It's never too late to go study abroad- Even though, I've always wanted to study abroad ever since I was a knob, I always thought It was impossible for me to study abroad due to being an Army contracted cadet and other issues such as financial and scheduling. I learned that even as a rising Army contracted senior, you can make everything work and study abroad if you stay hungry for your goals.
2. You will have a chance to make friends from all over the world- Despite creating a strong brotherhood/sisterhood at The Citadel, you will have a chance to communicate with other people from all over the world and learn about their respective schools and cultural norms.
3. New perspectives about yourself and your future- I learned about my true inner personality from traveling. I have also gained new perspectives about certain things in life due to meeting different people from all over the world and seeing the world.
4. You get a chance to learn another language- Knowledge is power and it doesn't hurt to learn another language. In fact, you almost need to know another language in order to survive in this generation. I was lucky to learn more about Spanish grammar and culture to possibly make Spanish as my third language.
5. Experiences that you get from studying abroad will be unforgettable- Studying abroad in a different country will give you enough stories to last a lifetime. Looking back at metro tickets, maps, or other small things from certain countries will allow you to remember how incredible your time abroad was compared to being home.