Friday, June 3, 2016

Day 2- Hola

Today was a very tiring day. I had classes from 0900-1230 then I slept from 1400-1800 as soon as I came home from school. Surprisingly, everything has been quite perfect. Cultural shock is common among immigrants and foreign students. However, due to the fact that I have already been through many cultural shock in America when I first moved to the United States at the age of twelve, I think I have learned to quickly adapt to different environment and social structures. For me, one of the hardest thing right now is eating dinner around 2100-2200. Spaniards tend to have late lunches and dinners for some reason. My roommate and I often compare our trip to knob year and joke about it because we seem clueless and confused most of the times here in our host mom's house. Instead of bracing everyday, we smile and practically agree with whatever our host mom says not because we can't communicate but mainly because she has high expectations and standards for us. However, this isn't a problem at all because I have been a cadet at the best military college for the past three years in my life, which means that I know how to act like a Citadel man and show respect to others.

I can already start to feel that I'm slowly getting better at Spanish but it is definitely going to be an intense one month of studying Spanish.

PS- I also walked about 2.9 km to see Atletico Madrid's Stadium




No comments:

Post a Comment